CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Twenty Ten~

Happy New Year! It really seems like the years get faster as I get older. Haha, that makes me sound old, but whatever. We've been really blessed this past year, so it'll be interesting what God has in store for us this year. I haven't posted any pics from Christmas yet so here they are.



We stayed here at the Victorian Inn in Blowing Rock, NC for Christmas. It was Chase's surprise Christmas present to me (that and a REALLY nice straightening iron). We were to go up to the mountains for a white Christmas and ski. What we hadn't planned on was an ice storm. This was not one of those nice ones where everything is just slightly iced and beautiful. The power lines were down so none of the restaurants were open and we really had nothing to do in our room. There was already snow everywhere. But that snow turned into huge banks of ice.



We ventured outside to see the damage and of course for me to take pics! Hanging on the veranda were these "icicle" Christmas lights that had turned into real icicles.



The snow/ice was beautiful. You can see how deep it is by the Nativity scene behind the tree. Baby Jesus is covered in an embankment of snow.



We made our way cautiously down the mountain to get some supplies like card games and our Christmas dinner of Honey buns and olive oil Triscuits. This was a hilarious irony. We definitely did NOT need anymore ice at that point....



The next morning, the owners of the Bed and Breakfast came back from the holidays and served us this yummy breakfast. They heard about our ...different Christmas iced-in and took pity on us and we got another night's stay for FREE! (It's really expensive too. :D)


So we made a day of it, eating gourmet chocolates, looking at all the quaint stores in Blowing Rock. We ate lunch at a grille on the main street. I ate a BLT with fried green tomatoes. Totally unhealthy but totally delicious. This is the hubby at the grille looking quite dapper in his flannel.


We went to one of the B &B owner's wine store for a free wine tasting~! We got to learn more about wine and sample a few. It was fun.



I'm glad God gave us this blessing of getting to hang out in Blowing Rock. It really made up for being stuck inside, but 2009's Christmas was definitely memorable. Thank you Baby! I also found out that I don't want to live in cold, icy places. ;p



This was our fireplace for Christmas. Since we were gone for most of the holiday, we didn't decorate the house too much.



For New Years we stayed in and I made a roasted spatchcocked chicken. To spatchcock basically means taking out the spine and laying it flat. It cuts the time in half for cooking. I took some herb butter and stuck it under the skin before cooking it. It was delicious.



This is the Guiness Stout Chocolate cake. It was one of the best chocolate cakes I've ever had/made in my life. It was covered in chocolate whipped cream yumminess.



This was breakfast on New Years morning. Skirt steak rubbed in chili powder with tomato, corn, and jalepeno salad. Also pretty freaking delicious.

I'll post a pic of my new hair later. I dyed my bangs hot pink and cut them. God bless you guys!

0 comments: